Tuesday 23 March 2010

Double 24 ... double the luck ??

Another year gone by.. oh gosh. The saying " time and tide waits for no man" is so true. One day Im 18, the next .. i'm 24.

The past 6 years of my life has just whizzed by me. Sometimes I look back and think, hey where did all the time go and what have I actually acheived. Well perhaps obtaining a degree and a footing in another country are significant achievements, but its only just the beginning.

As I approach my mid-twenties, priorities in life change. Stability is what I seek.. stable partner, stable job, stable living conditions. I am after a life not of complacence but of serenity.

Perhaps the best thing about this birthday is that I would spending it with a wonderful guy who I know will be around for the next birthday. And i can kiss dating's ass good -bye .. CHEERS TO THAT !!

I hope and pray that by the virtue of being double 24 and the luck and prosperity that the tiger is meant to bring, a double dose of luck would be on my side. But then again, I can't rely on numerics and the chinese lunar signs to dictate my year. Things never get easier. I thought I worked pretty hard last year, oh no.. this year is the challenge. And you know what, next year might be even tougher. So, things get complex, things get difficult as we grow older, all I can do is push, work harder than the previous year and place all my faith in the one I trust.

A birthday Prayer


Lord, let this feast of my birth be a reminder to me of all the gifts and blessings I have received from You this day and all the days of my life. On my day of celebration, I thank you for my life and all of my blessings and ask for another year filled with Your presence in my life that I may continue to grow in your love.

Gracious God, I thank You for enabling me to celebrate my birthday. Lord You have been good to me all these years and I thank You for all the blessings I have recieved but especially for life itself.

Creator God, I do not know what lies ahead for me this year. Yet I know that You are holding my future in Your hand. Let my ways be pleasing to you. As You have promised, be with me, Lord. Grid me with Your strength and grace so that I can live for Your light. Enable me to draw closer to You that I may walk in your peace and be the creative and loving person that you intend for me to be. I ask this and all things in the sure and certain knowledge of your love for me and for all your people. Amen.

Signing off as a 24 year old .. wohoo !!

No comments: